TEFL ONLINE COURSE
TEFL ONLINE COURSE
TEACH ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE (TEFL) IN AFRICA
COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE TEFL COURSE AND PRACTICUM WITH AFRICAN IMPACT
Become internationally accredited to Teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) and open the door to travel and work opportunities around the world. Complete the online course around your current schedule and join us at one of three locations in Africa to gain hands-on teaching experience via your 20-hour practicum.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TEFL
- Become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language in more than 50 countries worldwide
- It’s a part time course, typically requiring around 10-12 hours per week of study
- The course combines academic online coursework (150 hours) with live practice teaching (20 hours)
- Learn from the best, with all online classes taught by highly qualified university professors and capped at 20 students
- Follow a state-of-the-art curriculum written by highly experienced instructors and exceed internationally recognised requirements of minimum hours
- Gain access to recorded live lectures, webinars and chats, ensuring that you learn in an interactive setting from the comfort of your own home
- Undertake at least 20 hours of practical teaching, of which you can complete during a volunteer placement with African Impact
- Receive lifetime job placement guidance from TEFL, ensuring you can find jobs around the world once you have been certified
WHY DO A TEFL COURSE THROUGH AFRICAN IMPACT
African Impact has partnered with TEFL to offer the comprehensive and interactive 170-hour online course that teaches the latest in teaching methodologies and practices, lesson planning skills and classroom management techniques. Through a series of course readings, tasks, peer participation, essays, and a final thematic unit, students will develop all the skills necessary to be a confident and proficient teacher.
The online TEFL course requires that each student completes 20-hours of practicum (live practice teaching), which is where African Impact comes in. By joining one of our specifically designed TEFL programs in Africa, you’ll get first-hand experience teaching English to a range of students in an even wider range of settings.
Complete your 20-hours practicum on one of three African Impact education programs in Africa and gain real-world teaching experience
Teach English to students of various ages: from toddlers to adults
Leave your practicum placement a step ahead of your peers, having already gained experience of Teaching English as a Foreign Language – before you have even finished the TEFL course!
With a serious shortage of classrooms and educational resources, formally trained teachers make a direct impact on the lives of disadvantaged children and adults that are eager to learn
WHERE YOU CAN COMPLETE YOUR TEFL PRACTICUM IN AFRICA
To get started, choose your practicum location. Once you’ve applied, we will sign you up for your online TEFL course and help you with everything you need to Teach English in a Foreign Language around the world.
TEFL Practicum Teaching Internship Abroad, Zambia
From GBP £ 1035
Teach in rural primary schools and lead additional after-school educational activities while living close to the magnificent Victoria Falls.
TEFL Practicum Teaching Internship Abroad, Moshi
From GBP £ 1210
Near Africa’s highest mountain, Kilimanjaro, teach English literacy classes to adult members of the Maasai Tribe and lead nursery school lessons.
TEFL Practicum Teaching Internship Abroad, Zanzibar
From GBP £ 1305
In a beachside fishing village, work with children in the nursery. schools and teach adults at our very own Education Centre.
Education is one of the most powerful tools in overcoming poverty as it empowers individuals and strengthens whole communities. As such, African Impact’s Teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) initiative is working to improve the quality of, and access to, education in disadvantaged communities across East and Southern Africa.
TEFL students help towards this, providing opportunities, support, and one-on-one attention that otherwise wouldn’t exist for the communities we work with. By applying for the online TEFL course and undertaking your practicum with us, you’ll teach young children as they start their education journey, work with teenagers who are transitioning into the next stage of their lives, and help adults wanting to improve their employability by enhancing their knowledge of the English language.
In line with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals of Quality Education and Reduced Inequality, this initiative aims to improve the socio-economic structures of a community, mitigate poverty, promote gender equality, empower people over their own future, and enable students to achieve their full potential. All the while allowing TEFL students to do the same.
African Impact is always on the look-out for talented, exceptional human beings to join our family. And where do we meet those people? While they are volunteering their time on our projects. While completing your TEFL practicum, you’ll work closely with African Impact staff members who are there to support and guide you in your daily teaching role. Experienced in identifying potential, don’t be surprised if they approach you with a job opportunity for when you’ve become TEFL-certified.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Fluent and proficient English skills
- Ability to complete a university-level course that incorporates extensive reading, homework, papers, quizzes, tests, lessons plans, and student teaching/observation (practicum). All work is graded, and each student must pass the class and fulfil the practicum requirement to earn their certification
- Non-native speakers will be required to write a brief essay to verify their English skills prior to enrolment